Jump to Main Content
- Andersons, Bruno; Andersone, Ingeborga; Zudrags, Kaspars; Sansonetti, Errj
- Wood material science and engineering 2018 v.13 no.1 pp. 21-27
- Aureobasidium pullulans; Betula; biocides; coatings; copper; decay fungi; engineering; hydrophobicity; melamine; microbial growth; phenol; plywood; wood
- ... We evaluated the performance of covered and impregnated birch plywood (BP) in the outdoor environment. Fungal growth, crack formation, and surface hydrophobicity were regularly assessed over 36 months. After 2 months, uncovered BP was severely colonised by disfiguring fungi. During the test period, the surface of plywood with better coatings (solvent- or water-based) was not overgrown or was overg ...
- Lykidis, Charalampos; De Troya, Teresa; Conde, María; Galván, Jorge; Mantanis, George
- Wood material science and engineering 2018 v.13 no.1 pp. 45-49
- Fagus sylvatica subsp. sylvatica; Reticulitermes; biocides; dispersions; engineering; leaching; materials science; mortality; wood; wood impregnation; zinc borate; zinc oxide
- ... The field of wood protection is currently changing due to the restrictions imposed by the Biocidal Products Regulation. The need for development of new wood protection technologies is therefore growing. In this work, the resistance of European beech (Fagus sylvatica L.) wood impregnated with nano-dispersions of zinc oxide (nano-ZnO) and zinc borate (nano-ZnB) against the termite Reticulitermes gra ...