Jump to Main Content
- Ai, Yufeng; Yang, Yiwen; Qiu, Baosheng; Gao, Xiang
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2014 v.30 no.9 pp. 2361-2369
- Arabidopsis thaliana; Nostoc commune; Nostoc flagelliforme; cytoplasm; electrolytes; fluorescence; genes; malondialdehyde; osmotic stress; osmotolerance; photosystem II; proline; rehydration; stress tolerance; transgenic plants; water stress
- ... The terrestrial macroscopic cyanobacterium Nostoc commune exhibits remarkable resistance to desiccation stress. This species synthesizes abundant acidic water stress protein (WSPA) in cells upon desiccation and secretes it into the extracellular polysaccharide sheath upon rehydration. However, our knowledge about its cellular role in stress resistance is still rather limited. In this paper, we fir ...
- Paalme, T.; Kevvai, K.; Vilbaste, A.; Hälvin, K.; Nisamedtinov, I.
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2014 v.30 no.9 pp. 2351-2359
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; culture media; nicotinamide; pantothenic acid; pyridoxine; riboflavin; thiamin; yeasts
- ... The uptake and accumulation of the B-group vitamins thiamine, riboflavin, nicotinamide, pantothenic acid and pyridoxine in Saccharomyces cerevisiae was studied by gradually increasing the specific dosage of vitamins in an ethanol-stat fed-batch culture. Thiamine, nicotinamide, pantothenic acid, and pyridoxine were almost completely taken up at low vitamin dosages. Thiamine was determined to be the ...