Jump to Main Content
- Juturu, Veeresh; Wu, Jin Chuan
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2013 v.29 no.2 pp. 249-255
- Paecilomyces; Pichia pastoris; alcohols; alpha-N-arabinofuranosidase; amino acid composition; amino acid sequences; genes; glycosylation; hydrolysis; molecular weight; pH; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; post-translational modification; thermophilic fungi
- ... beta-xylosidase from thermophilic fungi Paecilomyces thermophila was functionally expressed in Pichia pastoris with a his tag in the C-terminal under the alcohol oxidase 1 (AOX1) promoter and secreted into the medium at 0.22 mg l(-1). Its molecular mass was estimated to be 52.3 kDa based on the SDS-PAGE analysis, which is 1.3 times higher than the predicted 39.31 kDa from its amino acid compositio ...
- Zhao, Yanyu; Meng, Kun; Luo, Huiying; Huang, Huoqing; Yuan, Tiezheng; Yang, Peilong; Yao, Bin
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2013 v.29 no.2 pp. 327-334
- DNA; Escherichia coli; active sites; amino acid sequences; arabinoxylan; chlorine dioxide; genes; hydrolysis; oats; pH; pulp; pulp and paper sludge; sludge; substrate specificity; wastewater; wheat; xylan; xylanases
- ... A xylanase gene, xyn-b39, coding for a multidomain glycoside hydrolase (GH) family 10 protein was cloned from the genomic DNA of the alkaline wastewater sludge of a paper mill. Its deduced amino acid sequence of 1,481 residues included two carbohydrate-binding modules (CBM) of family CBM_4_9, one catalytic domain of GH 10, one family 9 CBM and three S-layer homology (SLH) domains. xyn-b39 was expr ...