Jump to Main Content
- Zaferanloo, Bita; Virkar, Aditya; Mahon, Peter J.; Palombo, Enzo A.
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2013 v.29 no.2 pp. 335-345
- Alternaria; Aspergillus oryzae; Preussia; bioactive properties; cellulose 1,4-beta-cellobiosidase; endophytes; fungi; indigenous species; industry; leaves; lignin peroxidase; pH; plant tissues; proteinases; temperature; xylanases
- ... Endophytes are microorganisms that live within plant tissues that are potential sources of novel bioactive compounds, including enzymes. We have identified endophytes of the Australian native plant Eremophilia longifolia which were screened for the production of industrially useful enzymes. Seventeen fungal endophytes were isolated from the leaves of E. longifolia and enzyme production was investi ...
- Faria, Deise Cristina; Dias, Armando Cavalcante Franco; Melo, Itamar Soares; de Carvalho Costa, Francisco Eduardo
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2013 v.29 no.2 pp. 217-221
- Cattleya; Cymbidium; Paenibacillus macerans; acclimation; bacteria; biomass; endophytes; greenhouses; growth promotion; leaves; meristems; plant growth; seedlings; solubilization
- ... Twelve endophytic bacteria were isolated from the meristem of in vitro Cymbidium eburneum orchid, and screened according to indole yield quantified by colorimetric assay, in vitro phosphate solubilization, and potential for plant growth promotion under greenhouse conditions. Eight strains with positive results were classified into the genus Paenibacillus by FAME profile, and evaluated for their ab ...