Jump to Main Content
- Sun, Jin; Hu, Xiao-Li; Le, Guo-Wei; Shi, Yong-Hui
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2013 v.29 no.2 pp. 209-216
- Enterococcus; Escherichia coli; Lactobacillus paracasei; Lactobacillus plantarum; Lactobacillus rhamnosus; antioxidant activity; colon; enzyme activity; hydrogen peroxide; liver; malondialdehyde; mice; microbial ecology; microbial growth; oxidative stress; pancreatic juice
- ... Iron (Fe) can promote hydrogen peroxide (H(2)O(2)) and hydroxyl radical generation in the colonic surface and promote growth of Fe-dependent bacteria. Some Lactobacillus strains are resistant to oxygen free-radicals, allowing them to survive in a Fe-modulated mucosal environment and influence colon microbial ecology and redox state. Here, we investigated the capacity of lactobacilli with different ...
- Esther, Carrillo-Pérez; Erika, Acosta-Smith; Rosa María, Montesinos-Cisneros; de la Torre, Mayra
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2013 v.29 no.2 pp. 309-317
- Galleria mellonella; biopesticides; conidia; entomopathogenic fungi; foliar application; heat tolerance; larvae; microbial growth; mortality; mycoses; pathogenicity; pests; screening; temperature; tropics; weather; Mexico
- ... Isaria fumosorosea frequently causes mycosis of agricultural pests in the hot semiarid and dry tropical regions of Mexico. Because temperature tolerance restricts the use of fungal biopesticides, we investigated two isolates from these areas for possible development into mycoinsecticides for use in hot weather agricultural zones. We studied the effects of culture system (solid or submerged culture ...