Jump to Main Content
- Deamici, Kricelle Mosquera, et al. Show all 6 Authors
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2019 v.35 no.5 pp. 78
- Earth atmosphere; biomass production; bioreactors; carbon dioxide; carbon dioxide fixation; culture media; economic impact; energy; environmental impact; global warming; greenhouse gas emissions; greenhouse gases; microalgae; microorganisms; organic compounds; photosynthesis
- ... The increase in the CO₂ concentration in the Earth's atmosphere has been a topic of worldwide concern since anthropogenic emissions of greenhouse gases began increasing considerably during the industrial period. The effects of these mass emissions are probably the main cause of global warming, which has been observed over recent decades. Among the various techniques of CO₂ capture, microalgal biof ...
- Deamici, Kricelle Mosquera, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- World journal of microbiology & biotechnology 2017 v.33 no.9 pp. 169
- bioactive properties; carbohydrates; chemical elements; exposure duration; magnetic fields; microalgae; microorganisms; photosynthesis; pollution
- ... Static or modulated magnetic fields (MF) may interact with the biological system and affect the metabolism of microorganisms, such as their photosynthetic capacity or synthesis of carbohydrates. Their effects on microorganisms, which can be classified into inhibiting, stimulating and null, may be interpreted as the result of stress that cells undergo, thus, leading to responses through the same me ...