Jump to Main Content
- Chuartzman, Silvia G.; Schuldiner, Maya
- Yeast 2018 v.35 no.7 pp. 477-483
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; databases; genes; loci; phenotype; screening; transcription (genetics); yeasts
- ... In the last decade several collections of Saccharomyces cerevisiae yeast strains have been created. In these collections every gene is modified in a similar manner such as by a deletion or the addition of a protein tag. Such libraries have enabled a diversity of systematic screens, giving rise to large amounts of information regarding gene functions. However, often papers describing such screens f ...
- PubMed Central:
- Nguyen, Trinh Thi My; Ishida, Yoko; Kato, Sae; Iwaki, Aya; Izawa, Shingo
- Yeast 2018 v.35 no.7 pp. 465-475
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; biomass; breeding; ethanol production; fermentation; furfural; genes; hydroxymethylfurfural; lignocellulose; messenger RNA; mutants; protein content; protein synthesis; transcriptional activation; vanillin; yeasts
- ... Vanillin, furfural and 5‐hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF) are representative fermentation inhibitors generated during the pretreatment process of lignocellulosic biomass in bioethanol production. These biomass conversion inhibitors, particularly vanillin, are known to repress translation activity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. We have reported that the mRNAs of ADH7 and BDH2 were efficiently translated u ...