Jump to Main Content
- Carly, Frédéric; Fickers, Patrick
- Yeast 2018 v.35 no.7 pp. 455-463
- erythritol; food industry; metabolism; osmotolerance; yeasts
- ... Erythritol is a four‐carbon sugar alcohol produced by microorganisms as an osmoprotectant. It could be used as a natural sweetener in the pharmaceutical and food industries. Here, a snapshot of current knowledge on erythritol metabolism and synthesis, optimization of its production and more precise process and producer strain improvement is presented. ...
- Nguyen, Trinh Thi My; Ishida, Yoko; Kato, Sae; Iwaki, Aya; Izawa, Shingo
- Yeast 2018 v.35 no.7 pp. 465-475
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; biomass; breeding; ethanol production; fermentation; furfural; genes; hydroxymethylfurfural; lignocellulose; messenger RNA; mutants; protein content; protein synthesis; transcriptional activation; vanillin; yeasts
- ... Vanillin, furfural and 5‐hydroxymethylfurfural (HMF) are representative fermentation inhibitors generated during the pretreatment process of lignocellulosic biomass in bioethanol production. These biomass conversion inhibitors, particularly vanillin, are known to repress translation activity in Saccharomyces cerevisiae. We have reported that the mRNAs of ADH7 and BDH2 were efficiently translated u ...