Jump to Main Content
- Hong, Joo Y.; Mathur, Vidhu; Liebman, Susan W.
- Yeast 2011 v.28 no.7 pp. 555-560
- color; genetic background; genetic markers; mutation; prions; yeasts
- ... Most scoring assays for yeast prions are dependent on specific genetic markers and constructs that differ for each prion. Here we describe a simple colour assay for the [URE3] prion that works in the 74D-964 strain frequently used to score the [PSI⁺] prion. Although this assay can only be used to score for [URE3] in the [psi⁻] version of the strain, it makes it easier to examine the effects of hos ...
- PubMed Central:
- Nevzglyadova, Olga V.; Kuznetsova, Irina M.; Mikhailova, Ekaterina V.; Artamonova, Tatyana O.; Artemov, Alexey V.; Mittenberg, Alexey G.; Kostyleva, Elena I.; Turoverov, Konstantin K.; Khodorkovskii, Mikhail A.; Soidla, Tonu R.
- Yeast 2011 v.28 no.7 pp. 505-526
- adenine; amyloid; antibodies; biosynthesis; fluorescence; genes; glucose; insulin; mutation; polyacrylamide gel electrophoresis; polymerization; polymers; protein aggregates; stress response; yeasts
- ... The intensity of amyloid-bound thioflavine T fluorescence was studied in crude lysates of yeast strains carrying mutations in the ADE1 or ADE2 genes and accumulating the red pigment (a result of polymerization of aminoimidazoleribotide), and in white isogenic strains-either adenine prototrophs or carrying mutations at the first stages of purine biosynthesis. We found that the red pigment leads to ...