Jump to Main Content
- Harder, Jens; Follmann, Hartmut; Hantke, Klaus
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.44 no.7-8 pp. 715-718
- DNA replication; Escherichia coli; anaerobic conditions; bacteriophages; genes; methanogens; mutants; ribonucleotide reductase
- ... An iron-sensitive mutant of E. coli with a Mudl phage insertion in the nrdB gene lacks subunit B2 of the key enzyme of DNA synthesis, ribonucleotide reductase. Nevertheless, these cells are capable of growing in minimal media under anaerobic conditions, indicating a second enzyme or pathway for deoxyribonucleotide synthesis. We here show that ribonucleotide reduction cannot be unambiguously measur ...
- Tempel, Karlheinz
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.44 no.7-8 pp. 673-679
- DNA; DNA replication; T-lymphocytes; X-radiation; additive effect; cytotoxicity; doxorubicin; mitomycin; nalidixic acid; novobiocin; rats; suramin; ultraviolet radiation; viscosity
- ... Interactions of novobiocin (NB) and/or nalidixic acid (NA) with some cytotoxic agents - UV light (UV), X-rays, methylmethanesulfonate (MMS), bleomycin (BM), adriamycin (AM), cis-di-aminedichloroplatinum (II) (CDDP), mitomycin C (M IT), ethidiumbromide (EB), and suramin (SA) - have been investigated in thymic (T) and splenic (S) cells of the rat in vitro by measuring semiconservative (SDS) and unsc ...