Jump to Main Content
- Georgievaa, Liliya; Berkov, Strahil; Kondakova, Violeta; Bastida, Jaume; Viladomat, Francesc; Atanassov, Atanas; Codina, Carles
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.62 no.9-10 pp. 627-635
- Alzheimer disease; Leucojum aestivum; acetylcholinesterase; bulbs; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; lycorine; summer; Bulgaria
- ... Leucojum aestivum (summer snowflake) is a plant species used for the extraction of galanthamine, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Extracts from bulbs collected from 18 Bulgarian populations and from shoot-clumps obtained in vitro from 8 different populations showed variations in their alkaloid composition. Nineteen alkaloids were detected in the studied s ...
- Georgiev, Vasil; Berkov, Strahil; Georgiev, Milen; Burrus, Monique; Codina, Carles; Bastida, Jaume; Ilieva, Mladenka; Pavlov, Atanas
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.64 no.3-4 pp. 219-224
- Leucojum aestivum; alkaloids; ammonium nitrate; ammonium sulfate; biosynthesis; potassium dihydrogen phosphate; potassium nitrate; regression analysis; sucrose
- ... The common effect of NH₄⁺, NO₃⁻, KH₂PO₄ and sucrose on the biosynthesis of galanthamine by a Leucojum aestivum shoot culture was studied. Polynominal regression models were elaborated for the description of the galanthamine biosynthesis as a consequence of variation of the investigated variables (NH₄⁺ between 0.20 and 0.54 g/L; NO₃⁻ between 1.44 and 3.44 g/L; KH₂PO₄ between 0.10 and 0.24 g/L, and ...