Jump to Main Content
- Liliya Georgievaa; Strahil Berkov; Violeta Kondakova; Jaume Bastida; Francesc Viladomat; Atanas Atanassov; Carles Codina
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.62 no.9-10 pp. 627-635
- Alzheimer disease; Leucojum aestivum; acetylcholinesterase; bulbs; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; lycorine; summer; Bulgaria
- ... Leucojum aestivum (summer snowflake) is a plant species used for the extraction of galanthamine, an acetylcholinesterase inhibitor for the treatment of Alzheimer’s disease. Extracts from bulbs collected from 18 Bulgarian populations and from shoot-clumps obtained in vitro from 8 different populations showed variations in their alkaloid composition. Nineteen alkaloids were detected in the studied s ...
- Buket Bozkurt Sarikaya; Nehir Unver Somer; Gulen Irem Kaya; Mustafa Ali Onur; Jaume Bastida; Strahil Berkov
- Zeitschrift für Naturforschung 2014 v.68 no.3-4 pp. 118-124
- Galanthus; acetylcholinesterase; aerial parts; alkaloids; bulbs; fruiting; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; inhibitory concentration 50; vegetation
- ... GC-MS (gas chromatography-mass spectrometry) analyses of alkaloids in the aerial parts and bulbs of Galanthus rizehensis Stern (Amaryllidaceae), collected during two different vegetation periods, was performed. Twenty three alkaloids were identified in four different alkaloid extracts. Acetylcholinesterase (AChE) inhibitory activities of the alkaloid extracts were tested. Both the highest alkaloid ...