Jump to Main Content
- Lemming, Camilla; Scheutz, Charlotte; Bruun, Sander; Jensen, Lars Stoumann; Magid, Jakob
- Zeitschrift für Pflanzenernährung und Bodenkunde 2017 v.180 no.6 pp. 720-728
- Hordeum vulgare; drying; drying temperature; fertilizers; phosphorus; sanitation; sewage sludge; soil; soil treatment; spring barley; triple superphosphate; wastewater treatment
- ... Thermal drying of sewage sludge implies sanitation and improves practical handling options of the sludge prior to land application. However, it may also affect its value as a fertilizer. The objective of this study was to assess whether thermal drying of sewage sludge, as well as drying temperature, affects plant P availability after application to soil. The experiment included dewatered sewage sl ...
- Lemming, Camilla; Bruun, Sander; Jensen, Lars Stoumann; Magid, Jakob
- Zeitschrift für Pflanzenernährung und Bodenkunde 2017 v.180 no.6 pp. 779-787
- Hordeum vulgare; magnesium ammonium phosphate; phosphorus; phosphorus fertilizers; sewage sludge; sewage treatment; sludge ash; soil; spring barley; triple superphosphate; wastewater treatment; Denmark
- ... The objective of the present study was to evaluate the plant phosphorus (P) availability of products derived from new P‐recovery technologies deployed in wastewater treatment systems against sewage sludge and untreated sewage sludge ashes. Eight P sources were evaluated in a six‐week pot experiment with spring barley (Hordeum vulgare L.) and a soil incubation experiment with anaerobically digested ...