Jump to Main Content
- Pereira-da-Conceicoa, Lyndall L.; Benítez, Hugo A.; Barber-James, Helen M.
- Zoologischer Anzeiger 2019 v.280 pp. 30-41
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; allometry; flight; geometry; insects; monophyly; morphometry; wings; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Wings are one of the most important structures in the evolution of insects and winged insects are widely accepted as being monophyletic. In Ephemeroptera, wing structure and shape is important for interpreting taxonomic relationships. Morphological variation in wing shape of 14 distinct operational taxonomic units (OTUs) of South African Teloganodidae mayfly was examined using landmark-based geome ...
- Dias, Lucimar G.; Molineri, Carlos; Takiya, Daniela; Benavides, Pablo; Bacca, Tito
- Zoologischer Anzeiger 2019 v.278 pp. 38-45
- Ephemeroptera, etc ; Bayesian theory; biogeography; ecology; mitochondria; monophyly; nucleotide sequences; polyphyly; ribosomal DNA; statistical analysis; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The first phylogeny of Tricorythodes Ulmer (Ephemeroptera: Leptohyphidae) based on molecular and morphological evidence is presented. A parsimony analysis was conducted with 56 morphological (24 continuous and 32 discrete) characters of 48 species, 39 belonging to Tricorythodes sensu lato and nine additional groups. Bayesian and maximum likelihood analyses of molecular and combined molecular and m ...