Jump to Main Content
- Matthias, J.; Templin, M.; Jordan, M. M.; Stanek, D.
- Zoonoses and public health 2015 v.62 no.1 pp. 38-43
- boys; children; data collection; dogs; females; health services; information sources; males; ownership; public health; risk factors; Florida
- ... Emergency room and hospital discharge data have been used to describe the risk factors and public health impact of dog bites. These data sets are based on financial charges for severe bites and underestimates dog bite burdens within communities. This study expands both the source of information and risk factor data collected to provide demographic analysis of dog bite injury risk factors reported ...
- Servat, A.; Herr, J.; Picard‐Meyer, E.; Schley, L.; Harbusch, C.; Michaux, C.; Pir, J.; Robardet, E.; Engel, E.; Cliquet, F.
- Zoonoses and public health 2015 v.62 no.1 pp. 7-10
- Chiroptera; Rabies virus; males; monitoring; rabies; Luxembourg
- ... Rabid bats are regularly reported in Europe, especially in countries that have implemented a bat surveillance network. In May 2013, bat rabies was evidenced for the first time in Luxembourg (southern city of Differdange). The rabies virus, an EBLV‐1b strain, was diagnosed in a serotine bat that bit a 29‐year‐old male person while he was asleep. The man received rapidly a post‐exposure RABV treatme ...