Jump to Main Content
- Qian, Guixia; Guo, Xiaochuan; Guo, Jianjun; Wu, Jianguo
- international journal of sustainable development and world ecology 2011 v.18 no.5 pp. 434-441
- business enterprises; dairy farming; dairy industry; farmers; food inspection; food safety; government agencies; issues and policy; milk; raw milk; sustainable development; China
- ... The dairy industry is an important part of the global economy, and the rapidly developing dairy enterprises in China have become increasingly important to the rest of the world. Due to increasing demand for dairy products and support from the government, China's dairy industry has thrived in recent decades. But rapid growth has been accompanied by a suite of industry/structural problems associated ...
- Qu, Baihong; Li, Wei; Chen, Yanqiu; Liu, Jisheng
- international journal of sustainable development and world ecology 2011 v.18 no.5 pp. 404-411
- biodiversity; conservation areas; economic valuation; food crops; forest trees; herbal medicines; medicinal plants; mixed forests; tourism; tourists; wild plants; wilderness; China
- ... Under Chinese culture it is believed that herbal medicine is always safe and wild food is always healthy. Generally, the rarer a plant, the higher its value. The booming economy in China has promoted tourism development in wilderness areas and wild medicinal and food plants are part of the attraction to tourists. Conflicts between wild plant exploitation and protection have emerged in many parts o ...