Jump to Main Content
- Laughlin, Daniel C.; Fulé, Peter Z.; Huffman, David W.; Crouse, Joseph; Laliberté, Etienne
- journal of ecology 2011 v.99 no.6 pp. 1489-1499
- Juniperus monosperma; Pinus ponderosa; biogeography; climate; community structure; entropy; environmental factors; forest communities; forests; models; temperature; Arizona
- ... 1. Climatic constraints on plant distributions are well known, but predicting community composition through knowledge of trait‐based environmental filtering remains an important empirical challenge. Here, we evaluate the maximum entropy (MaxEnt) model of trait‐based community assembly using forest communities occurring along a 12 °C gradient of mean annual temperature (MAT).We use independent cros ...
- Wang, Xugao; Wiegand, Thorsten; Wolf, Amy; Howe, Robert; Davies, Stuart J.; Hao, Zhanqing
- journal of ecology 2011 v.99 no.6 pp. 1382-1393
- community structure; conservation areas; forest communities; habitats; models; soil; species diversity; temperate forests; topography; trees; tropical forests; China; Wisconsin
- ... 1.âThe relative contribution of external vs. internal clustering mechanisms for determining community structure and its manifestations has been the subject of a continuous debate, but few attempts have been made to examine their single and joint effects in a compound process model. 2.âIn this study, we tested four a priori hypotheses on the relative importance of habitat heterogeneity (topogra ...