Jump to Main Content
- Yusoff, Mohamad Firdaus Mohamad; Xu, Xuebing; Guo, Zheng
- journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2014 v.91 no.4 pp. 525-531
- biodiesel; ethanol; ethanolysis; fatty acid esters; fatty acids; methanol; methanolysis
- ... Fatty acid methyl esters (FAME) were the first fatty acid esters to be introduced for use as biodiesel. However, there is a growing interest in the use of fatty acid ethyl esters (FAEE) in biodiesel. Both FAME and FAEE have their own unique advantages and disadvantages. These differences are ultimately attributable to the structural differences imparted by the alcohols used in their production. So ...
- Abenoza, María; Benito, Marta; Oria, Rosa; Sánchez-Gimeno, A. Cristina
- journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2014 v.91 no.4 pp. 613-622
- chemical composition; cold; crops; cultivars; frost; harvesting; olive oil; olives; orchards; pigments; planting; ripening; temperature; trees; vigor
- ... A high density olive orchard represents a new planting system that requires cultivars with low vegetative vigor, such as Arbequina and Arbosana varieties. Different cultivars provide different performances in such orchards. This research was performed in order to determine the behavior of the new olive variety Tosca 07® in a commercial, high density orchard. The quality of Tosca 07® olive oils in ...