Jump to Main Content
- Manzocco, Lara; Panozzo, Agnese; Calligaris, Sonia
- journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2012 v.89 no.4 pp. 577-583
- Helianthus annuus; activation energy; foods; light intensity; lighting; oxidation; prediction; shelf life; soybean oil; temperature
- ... The peroxide formation rate was measured in sunflower and soybean oils exposed to increasing light intensity, from 0 to 8000Â lx, at 10, 20 and 30Â Â°C. Results indicated that shelf life estimation of photosensitive foods under actual or accelerated conditions cannot be correctly achieved if the effect of light is not taken into account. At each lighting level, the Arrhenius equation was applied t ...
- Morales, Arturo; Marmesat, Susana; Dobarganes, M. Carmen; MÃ¡rquez-Ruiz, Gloria; Velasco, JoaquÃn
- journal of the American Oil Chemists' Society 2012 v.89 no.4 pp. 675-684
- fatty acid composition; hydroperoxides; linoleic acid; oxidation; sunflower oil; temperature
- ... The influence of temperature (40, 60 and 80Â Â°C) and addition of Î±-tocopherol (0, 500Â mg/kg) on the formation and distribution of the main oxidation products of linoleic acid, i.e. hydroperoxy-, keto- and hydroxy-dienes, were studied in samples of fatty acid methyl esters (FAME) derived from high-linoleic (HL) and high-oleic (HO) sunflower oils. In the range of temperatures studied, the formati ...