Jump to Main Content
- Freeman, Megan Culler; Peek, Christopher T.; Becker, Michelle M.; Smith, Everett Clinton; Denison, Mark R.
- mBio 2014 v.5 no.4 pp. e01340-14
- Murine hepatitis virus, etc ; cell fusion; epidermal growth factor receptors; giant cells; humans; pathogenesis; pathogens; pseudopodia; surface proteins; viral load; virus replication; viruses; Middle East; Show all 13 Subjects
- ... Macropinocytosis is exploited by many pathogens for entry into cells. Coronaviruses (CoVs) such as severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) CoV and Middle East respiratory syndrome CoV are important human pathogens; however, macropinocytosis during CoV infection has not been investigated. We demonstrate that the CoVs SARS CoV and murine hepatitis virus (MHV) induce macropinocytosis, which occurs l ...
- PubMed Central:
- Gusho, Elona; Zhang, Rong; Jha, Babal K.; Thornbrough, Joshua M.; Dong, Beihua; Gaughan, Christina; Elliott, Ruth; Weiss, Susan R.; Silverman, Robert H.
- mBio 2014 v.5 no.4 pp. e01312-14
- Murine hepatitis virus, etc ; RNA; adenosine monophosphate; antiviral properties; bone marrow; cAMP-dependent protein kinase; complementary DNA; cyclic AMP; cytoplasm; evolution; genes; hepatitis; host-pathogen relationships; humans; interferons; liver; macrophages; mice; mutants; pathogenesis; protein subunits; ribonucleases; viral proteins; virulence; virus replication; viruses; Show all 26 Subjects
- ... Viral 2′,5′-phosphodiesterases (2′,5′-PDEs) help disparate RNA viruses evade the antiviral activity of interferon (IFN) by degrading 2′,5′-oligoadenylate (2-5A) activators of RNase L. A kinase anchoring proteins (AKAPs) bind the regulatory subunits of protein kinase A (PKA) to localize and organize cyclic AMP (cAMP) signaling during diverse physiological processes. Among more than 43 AKAP isoforms ...
- PubMed Central: