Jump to Main Content
- Samakovli, Despina; Margaritopoulou, Theoni; Prassinos, Constantinos; Milioni, Dimitra; Hatzopoulos, Polydefkis
- new phytologist 2014 v.203 no.3 pp. 743-757
- Arabidopsis; brassinolide; cytoplasm; gene expression; genes; heat shock proteins; image analysis; plant development; signal transduction
- ... Heat shock protein 90 (HSP90) controls a number of developmental circuits, and serves a sophisticated and highly regulatory function in signaling pathways. Brassinosteroids (BRs) control many aspects of plant development. Genetic, physiological, cytological, gene expression, live cell imaging, and pharmacological approaches provide conclusive evidence for HSP90 involvement in Arabidopsis thalianaB ...
- Zhang, Yue; Wu, Huilan; Wang, Ning; Fan, Huajie; Chen, Chunlin; Cui, Yan; Liu, Hongfei; Ling, Hong‐Qing
- new phytologist 2014 v.203 no.3 pp. 770-783
- Arabidopsis; absorption; basic helix-loop-helix transcription factors; chlorosis; chromatin; gene expression; genes; growth and development; homeostasis; iron; leaves; mutants; nutrient deficiencies; plant growth; precipitin tests; roots; shoots
- ... Iron is an essential nutrient for plant growth and development, and its absorption is tightly controlled. Under iron limitation, FIT dimerizes with the four Ib bHLH proteins and activates the expression of iron uptake genes. However, how the dimerized complex activates downstream genes remains unclear. Using forward genetics, a low‐iron‐sensitive mutant was screened. The corresponding gene (MED16) ...