Jump to Main Content
- Oyinloye, Timilehin Martins; Yoon, Won Byong
- Journal of food engineering 2021 v.288 pp. 110127
- alginates; deformation; enthalpy; geometry; hardness; manufacturing; models; pea protein; rheology; storage modulus; texture; three-dimensional printing
- ... Printability of materials is the foundation for extrusion-based 3D printing, with residual stress being a major challenge towards the printing of complex geometry. In this report, the analysis of five blend ratios of alginate and pea protein solutions were investigated for an optimum 3D printing material mixture ratio by probing its rheology, thermal, and textural properties. The thermal (enthalpy ...
- Yuliarti, Oni; Kiat Kovis, Tay Jun; Yi, Ng Jun
- Journal of food engineering 2021 v.288 pp. 110138
- chewiness; crosslinking; hardness; meat; meat analogs; microstructure; pea protein; physicochemical properties; protein content; sensory properties; texture; viscoelasticity; wheat protein
- ... This study investigated different plant-based composites to develop plant-based meat alternatives that have unique texture profiles using an innovative process of freeze structuring technique. The composite comprised pea protein (PP) and wheat protein (WP) with five different ratios i.e.17:0; 13:4; 8.5:8.5; 4:13 and 0:17. The physicochemical and sensory properties of the analogues were studied in ...