Jump to Main Content
- Derossi, A.; Caporizzi, R.; Paolillo, M.; Severini, C.
- Journal of food engineering 2021 v.289 pp. 110160
- crushing; dough; hardness; models; novel foods; porosity; satiety; snacks; texture; three-dimensional printing
- ... 3D food printing (3DFP) creates edible structures by a layer-by-layer deposition with the main aim of creating personalized food structures. We studied the capability to create 3D printed cereal snacks with different texture by a controlled generation of pores. The snacks well captured the overall features of the virtual model with size reduction less than 8%. Contrarily, the 3D printed snacks exh ...
- Oyinloye, Timilehin Martins; Yoon, Won Byong
- Journal of food engineering 2021 v.288 pp. 110127
- alginates; deformation; enthalpy; geometry; hardness; manufacturing; models; pea protein; rheology; storage modulus; texture; three-dimensional printing
- ... Printability of materials is the foundation for extrusion-based 3D printing, with residual stress being a major challenge towards the printing of complex geometry. In this report, the analysis of five blend ratios of alginate and pea protein solutions were investigated for an optimum 3D printing material mixture ratio by probing its rheology, thermal, and textural properties. The thermal (enthalpy ...