Jump to Main Content
- Noor Afizah Ahmad; Nancy M. Endersby-Harshman; Nur Ruqqayah Mohd Mazni; Nur Zatil Aqmar Mohd Zabari; Siti Nor Syazwani Amran; Muhammad Kamarul Ridhuan Ghazali; Mohd Arif Abdul Karim; Yoon Ling Cheong; Steven P. Sinkins; Nazni Wasi Ahmad; Ary A. Hoffmann
- Insects 2020 v.11 no.8 pp. -
- Aedes aegypti; Wolbachia; backcrossing; control methods; deltamethrin; dengue; genes; genetic background; haplotypes; insecticide resistance; males; mutation; permethrin; pyrethrins; sodium channels; Malaysia
- ... Specific sodium channel gene mutations confer target site resistance to pyrethroid insecticides in mosquitoes and other insects. In Aedes mosquito species, multiple mutations that contribute to resistance vary in their importance around the world. Here, we characterize voltage sensitive sodium channel (Vssc) mutations in populations of Aedesaegypti from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and look at their pe ...
- Magaji G. Usman; Mohd Y. Rafii; Oladosu Yusuff; Mohammad Y. Martini; Mohd R. Ismail; Raihana Ridzuan
- Acta agriculturæ Scandinavica 2020 v.70 no.3 pp. 252-264
- agronomic traits; backcrossing; flowering; fruit yield; fruits; genes; genotype; heat tolerance; microsatellite repeats; parents; phenotype; plant height; temperature; Malaysia
- ... Domestic production of chilli in Malaysia is insufficient which accounted for 52% self-sufficiency level. Poor performance of local varieties under high temperatures above 42°C is one of the major factors affecting chilli production. This study was conducted with the objective of introgress heat-tolerant gene (Hsps) from AVPP0702 donor into Kulai using marker-assisted backcrossing. A total of 68 S ...