Jump to Main Content
- Duran, Ayhan; Kahve, Halil Ibrahim
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 107961
- aerobes; animals; antioxidant activity; beef; biopreservatives; chitosan; coatings; edible films; lactic acid bacteria; livestock and meat industry; markets; nutrient content; shelf life; thiobarbituric acid; total volatile basic nitrogen; vacuum packaging
- ... Beef is an animal food sensitive to deterioration due to its rich nutrient content. Therefore, some preservation techniques are applied. These include vacuum packaging, a modified atmosphere, a controlled atmosphere and an edible film coating. In this study, it was aimed to extend the shelf life of beef using vacuum packaging (VP) and chitosan coating with vacuum packaging (CC + VP). For this purp ...
- Bayly, Nicholas J.; Norris, D. Ryan; Taylor, Philip D.; Hobson, Keith A.; Morales-Rozo, Andrea
- Animal behaviour 2020 v.162 pp. 95-104
- Setophaga; animal behavior; animals; automation; breeding; breeding sites; energy; flight; migratory behavior; migratory species; overwintering; risk; stopover sites; telemetry; winter; wintering grounds; Canada; Colombia; Cuba; Southeastern United States
- ... Migration theory has largely overlooked the role of overwintering grounds and yet many migratory animals spend most of the annual cycle there. High winter site familiarity could confer considerable advantages on animals preparing for subsequent migration phases, enabling them to maximize migration speed and minimise the use of unknown stopover sites. Despite this, quantitative studies of the magni ...