Jump to Main Content
- Yuan, Xiaoyi; Murakami, Kentaro; Asakura, Keiko; Uechi, Ken; Masayasu, Shizuko; Sasaki, Satoshi
- Nutrition research 2020 v.78 pp. 50-59
- creatinine; excretion; men; protein intake; standard deviation; t-test; urea nitrogen; urine; women; Japan
- ... In this study, we hypothesized that spot urine can be used to predict protein intake at both group and individual levels. Participants (n = 369) of this study were recruited from all 47 prefectures in Japan. Sex-specific formulas were developed based on the ratio of urea nitrogen to creatinine concentration obtained from 3 spot urine samples. Validity of the formulas was examined against two 24-ho ...
- Ato, Satoru; Maruyama, Yuki; Yoshizato, Hideo; Ogasawara, Riki
- Nutrition 2020 v.78 pp. 110795
- body fat; body weight; dietary protein; electrical treatment; high protein diet; muscle protein; muscles; nutritional intervention; protein intake; protein synthesis; rapamycin; skeletal muscle; strength training
- ... Objectives: Resistance training combined with consumption of a high-protein diet (HPD) is typically recommended to increase muscle mass, as both acute resistance exercise (RE) and dietary protein intake stimulate mechanistic target of rapamycin complex 1 (mTORC1) and muscle protein synthesis (MPS). However, the effect of chronic HPD consumption on MPS response to an acute RE remains to be determin ...