Jump to Main Content
- Liu, Lin; Zhang, Wenjing; Yu, Hanjing; Xu, Lanjiao; Qu, Mingren; Li, Yanjiao
- Animal science journal = 2020 v.91 no.1 pp. e13486
- ; allantoin; antioxidant activity; antioxidants; beef cattle; cannulas; corticosterone; cortisol; creatine; crude fat; crude protein; dietary supplements; digestibility; excretion; fermentation; heat stress; lactate dehydrogenase; malondialdehyde; nitrogen; pH; protein synthesis; pyruvic acid; stress tolerance; superoxide dismutase; triiodothyronine; urine
- ... Pyruvate and creatine, energetics and antioxidant substances, can promote rumen fermentation and metabolism. This study aimed to evaluate the stress resistance and rumen fermentation effects of the compound creatine pyruvate (CrPyr) in diets for beef cattle under heat stress. Four Jinjiang steers fitted with permanent rumen cannulas were used in a 4 × 4 Latin square design and fed a diet supplemen ...
- Tayengwa, Tawanda; Chikwanha, Obert C.; Gouws, Pieter; Dugan, Michael E.R.; Mutsvangwa, Timothy; Mapiye, Cletos
- Meat science 2020 v.162 pp. 108029
- Angus; antioxidant activity; beef; beef cattle; biopreservatives; body weight; cattle finishing; citrus pulp; coliform bacteria; diet; grape pomace; lipids; longissimus muscle; microbial load; oxidation; packaging; shelf life; slaughter; steers; thiobarbituric acid-reactive substances
- ... The shelf-life of beef was compared from 7-months old Angus steers (281 ± 15.4 kg initial body weight) fed 150 g/kg DM dried citrus pulp (DCP) or grape pomace (DGP) for 90 days. The antioxidant activity, bacterial load, and lipid and protein oxidation were evaluated on the longissimus lumborum subjected to air-permeable packaging at days 1, 3, 5, 7 and 9 post-slaughter. Beef antioxidant activity w ...