Jump to Main Content
- Kitamura, Kanano; Erlangga, Jane Surya; Tsukamoto, Sakuka; Sakamoto, Yuri; Mabashi-Asazuma, Hideaki; Iida, Kaoruko
- The Journal of nutritional biochemistry 2020 v.77 pp. 108315
- acyl-CoA dehydrogenase, etc ; H+/K+-exchanging ATPase; H-transporting ATP synthase; beta oxidation; cytochrome c; daidzein; fatty acids; gene expression; genes; lipotoxicity; mice; muscles; myotubes; oxidative phosphorylation; oxygen consumption; promoter regions; pyruvate dehydrogenase (acetyl-transferring) kinase; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... Estrogen-related receptor (ERR)α regulates genes involved in fatty acid oxidation (FAO) and oxidative phosphorylation (OXPHOS) in muscle. The soy isoflavone daidzein was reported to be a putative ERRα activator, but little is known about its effects on gene expression and FA metabolism. This study aimed to clarify whether daidzein affects FAO- and OXPHOS-related genes thereby modulating intracellu ...
- de Moraes, Maira Silmara; Guerreiro, Gilian; Sitta, Angela; de Moura Coelho, Daniella; Manfredini, Vanusa; Wajner, Moacir; Vargas, Carmen Regla
- Archives of biochemistry and biophysics 2020 v.679 pp. 108206
- acyl-CoA dehydrogenase, etc ; 3-hydroxyacyl-CoA dehydrogenase; DNA; DNA damage; RNA; adipic acid; antioxidants; beta oxidation; carnitine; comet assay; fatty acids; guanine; humans; in vitro studies; inheritance (genetics); inherited metabolic diseases; lipid peroxidation; metabolites; mitochondria; mutagens; nitrates; nitrites; oxidation; oxidative stress; patients; protective effect; toxicity; urine; Show all 28 Subjects
- ... The mitochondrial fatty acids oxidation disorders (FAOD) are inherited metabolic disorders (IMD) characterized by the accumulation of fatty acids of different sizes of chain according to the affected enzyme.This study evaluated the lipid peroxidation by the measurement of 8-isoprostanes, nitrosative stress parameters by the measurement of nitrite and nitrate content and DNA and RNA oxidative damag ...