Jump to Main Content
- Serena Scortichini; Maria Chiara Boarelli; Stefania Silvi; Dennis Fiorini
- Journal of chromatography 2020 v.1143 pp. 121972
- acetic acid; acidification; chemical species; derivatization; ethyl ether; feces; fermentation; flame ionization; hexanoic acid; humans; intestinal microorganisms; metabolites; mice; polyethylene glycol; propionic acid; quantitative analysis; rats
- ... Short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) are gut microbiota metabolites recognized for their beneficial effects on the host organism. In this study, a simple and rapid sample preparation method combined to SCFAs analysis by direct injection and gas chromatography coupled with flame ionization detection (GC-FID), for the determination and quantification of eight SCFAs (acetic, propionic, i-butyric, butyric, ...
- Pancy Ang; Srinivasa Reddy Mothe; Lohitha Rao Chennamaneni; Farhan Aidil; Hsien Hui Khoo; Praveen Thoniyot
- ACS sustainable chemistry & engineering 2020 v.9 no.2 pp. 669-683
- acidification; biodegradability; climate change; cradle-to-gate; environmental impact; ethyl ether; fossil fuels; green chemistry; humans; hydrochloric acid; particulates; polymerization; polymers; reproduction; system boundary; toxicity; uncertainty analysis
- ... Poly(ε-caprolactone) (PCL) is a widely employed biodegradable polymer synthesized commercially using stannous octoate-mediated ring-opening polymerization (ROP) of ε-caprolactone (ε-CL). It needs to be revisited in alignment with green chemistry principles, such as less hazardous chemical syntheses. We identified and optimized two emerging methods—Route A: acid-catalyzed ROP of ε-CL using hydrogen ...