Jump to Main Content
- Gebre, Kahsa Tadel; Yfter, Kiros Aregay; Teweldemedhn, Tesfay Gebreselama; Gebremariam, Tikabo
- Tropical animal health and production 2020 v.52 no.1 pp. 41-52
- production technology, etc ; animal husbandry; body size; color; computer software; farmers; females; flocks; genetic improvement; goats; households; income; information management; meat production; milk; milk yield; pastoralism; pedigree; rapid methods; selective breeding; surveys; veterinary services; Ethiopia; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... A farmer participatory approach was used to identify trait preferences and breeding practices for Afar goat population in Aba’ala district, Afar region, Ethiopia. A rapid field survey followed by purposive sampling was used to identify research sites and 90 households representing agro-pastoral and pastoral production systems were selected purposively. Data were obtained from individual interview, ...
- Thanh Thi Pham, Nga; Nong, Duy; Raghavan Sathyan, Archana; Garschagen, Matthias
- Climate risk management 2020 v.28 pp. 100215
- production technology, etc ; climate; farmers; floods; food security; freshwater; health insurance; highlands; households; income; land tenure; landslides; literacy; livelihood; minorities (people); mountains; nationalities and ethnic groups; natural resource management; risk assessment; risk management; social networks; water quality; water resources; Vietnam; Show all 24 Subjects
- ... Increased frequency and intensity of flash floods and landslides in the Northern Mountainous Regions of Vietnam represent the most damaging hazards to the production activities and livelihoods of rural households, which are heavily reliant on agriculture. Assessing households’ vulnerability therefore becomes critical and urgent to help policy-makers in Vietnam in facilitating the implementation of ...