Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Guang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2020 v.157 pp. 591-603
- Aureobasidium; biosynthesis; cytoplasm; fungi; gene expression; genes; lipids; phosphorylase; pullulan; signal transduction; transactivators
- ... Pullulan is an important polysaccharide. Although its synthetic pathway in Aureobasidium melanogenum has been elucidated, the mechanism underlying its biosynthesis as regulated by signaling pathway and transcriptional regulator is still unknown. In this study, it was found that the expression of the UGP1 gene encoding UDPG-pyrophosphorylase (Ugp1) and other genes which were involved in pullulan bi ...
- Yang, Guang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2020 v.147 pp. 10-17
- Aureobasidium; amylases; biosynthesis; catalytic activity; ceramides; genes; glucosylceramides; glycogen; glycogen (starch) synthase; glycosides; industry; mutants; pullulan; starch; sterols; yeasts
- ... Although pullulan has many uses in industry, the detailed mechanisms of its biosynthesis still require clarification. In this study, it was found that a short α-1,4-glucosyl chain (pullulan primer) synthesized by the glycogenins Glg1 and Glg2 for initiation of glycogen biosynthesis was also needed for pullulan synthesis. The primers were also synthesized on sterol glycosides and glucosylceramides ...