Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Guang, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- International journal of biological macromolecules 2020 v.147 pp. 10-17
- Aureobasidium; amylases; biosynthesis; catalytic activity; ceramides; genes; glucosylceramides; glycogen; glycogen (starch) synthase; glycosides; industry; mutants; pullulan; starch; sterols; yeasts
- ... Although pullulan has many uses in industry, the detailed mechanisms of its biosynthesis still require clarification. In this study, it was found that a short α-1,4-glucosyl chain (pullulan primer) synthesized by the glycogenins Glg1 and Glg2 for initiation of glycogen biosynthesis was also needed for pullulan synthesis. The primers were also synthesized on sterol glycosides and glucosylceramides ...
- Yang, Guang‐Fu, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Pest management science 2020 v.76 no.2 pp. 704-711
- Saccharomyces cerevisiae; aerobic conditions; antifungal properties; beta-sitosterol; cholesterol; genes; metabolites; molecular models; mutation; pest management; plant pathogenic fungi; prediction; proteins; toxicity; yeasts
- ... BACKGROUND: β‐Sitosterol is a plant metabolite with a broad range of anti‐fungal activity, however, this compound is not toxic against a few fungal species. The target of β‐sitosterol and the nature of its selective toxicity are not yet clear. Using a yeast model system and taking advantage of molecular biology and computational approaches, we identify the target and explain why β‐sitosterol is no ...