Jump to Main Content
- Xiaoyi Yuan; Kentaro Murakami; Keiko Asakura; Ken Uechi; Shizuko Masayasu; Satoshi Sasaki
- Nutrition research 2020 v.78 pp. 50-59
- creatinine; excretion; men; protein intake; standard deviation; t-test; urea nitrogen; urine; women; Japan
- ... In this study, we hypothesized that spot urine can be used to predict protein intake at both group and individual levels. Participants (n = 369) of this study were recruited from all 47 prefectures in Japan. Sex-specific formulas were developed based on the ratio of urea nitrogen to creatinine concentration obtained from 3 spot urine samples. Validity of the formulas was examined against two 24-ho ...
- Rei Otsuka; Yuki Kato; Chikako Tange; Yukiko Nishita; Makiko Tomida; Tomoko Imai; Fujiko Ando; Hiroshi Shimokata; Hidenori Arai
- Public health nutrition 2020 v.23 no.6 pp. 1090-1097
- breakfast; cohort studies; dinner; dual-energy X-ray absorptiometry; logit analysis; lunch; men; protein content; protein intake; skeletal muscle; women; Japan
- ... To examine associations between protein intake per day and at different meals and skeletal muscle mass declines. Two-year prospective cohort study among older community dwellers. National Institute for Longevity Sciences–Longitudinal Study of Aging (NILS-LSA) in Japan. Older men (n 292) and women (n 363) aged 60–87 years who participated in the baseline (2006–2008) and follow-up studies (2008–2010 ...