Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Fangzhai; Peng, Yongzhen; Li, Baikun; Wang, Zhong; Jiang, Hao; Zhang, Qiong
- Journal of hazardous materials 2020 v.381 pp. 120835
- denitrification, etc ; acidification; activated sludge; carbohydrates; chemical oxygen demand; fermentation; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; hydrolysis; methane production; microbial biomass; mortality; nitrogen; nitrous acid; polymers; solubilization; tryptophan; tyrosine; volatile fatty acids; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Free nitrous acid (FNA) has only been studied as the pretreatment of waste activated sludge (WAS). Integrated fermentation and nitrogen removal using FNA as a primary means of treatment are seldom investigated. WAS fermentation was characterized under various FNA concentration. The production of COD, protein, and carbohydrate increased with FNA concentration (in the range of 0.197–1.97 mg/L) befor ...
- Xu, Dan; Ji, Hongmin; Ren, Hongqiang; Geng, Jinju; Li, Kan; Xu, Ke
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2020 v.87 pp. 205-212
- denitrification, etc ; Nitrosomonas; Zoogloea; ammonium nitrogen; denitrifying microorganisms; enzyme activity; genes; high-throughput nucleotide sequencing; magnetic fields; municipal wastewater; nitrogen; nitrous oxide; nitrous oxide production; sludge; temperature; total nitrogen; wastewater treatment; Show all 17 Subjects
- ... This study aims to investigate the effect of a magnetic field on nitrous oxide (N2O) emission from a sequencing batch reactor treating low-strength domestic wastewater at low temperature (10°C). After running for 124 days in parallel, results indicated that the conversion rate of N2O for a magnetic field-sequencing batch reactor (MF-SBR) decreased by 34.3% compared to that of a conventional SBR (C ...