Jump to Main Content
- Valizade, M.; Heyhat, M.M.; Maerefat, M.
- Renewable energy 2020 v.145 pp. 261-269
- foams, etc ; absorption; copper; friction; heat transfer; metalloids; renewable energy sources; solar collectors; temperature; thermal properties; Show all 10 Subjects
- ... The effects of using copper metal foam as a volumetric absorber as well as heat transfer enhancement technique on the thermal characteristics of a direct absorption parabolic trough solar collector are examined experimentally. The thermal performance, temperature difference and friction factor for PTC in three cases (full porous, semi-porous and without porous) are investigated and compared with e ...
- Anirudh, K.; Dhinakaran, S.
- Renewable energy 2020 v.145 pp. 428-441
- foams, etc ; heat transfer; models; permeability; porous media; renewable energy sources; solar collectors; temperature; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... Numerical analysis of the thermal performance of a flat plate solar collector (FPSC) is presented. The FPSC is inserted with porous metal foam blocks intermittently for promoting thermal mixing. Based on the presence of blocks at the inlet and the outlet, four different arrangements are used namely NN, NP, PN and PP, wherein N means absent, and P means present. Also, four different cases based on ...