Jump to Main Content
- Vander Meulen, Ian J.; Jiang, Ping; Wu, Di; Hrudey, Steve E.; Li, Xing-Fang
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2020 v.87 pp. 341-348
- cations, etc ; amines; chromatography; drinking water; environmental impact; ionic liquids; laboratory experimentation; liquid-liquid extraction; liquids; nitrosamines; surface water; tandem mass spectrometry; Show all 12 Subjects
- ... Ionic liquids (ILs) are a class of solvents increasingly used as “green chemicals.” Widespread applications of ILs have led to concerns about their accidental entry to the environment. ILs have been assessed for some environmental impacts; however, little has been done to characterize their potential impacts on drinking water if ILs accidentally enter surface water. IL cations are often aromatic o ...
- Hosseini, S.M.; Alibakhshi, H.; Jashni, E.; Parvizian, F.; Shen, J.N.; Taheri, M.; Ebrahimi, M.; Rafiei, N.
- Journal of hazardous materials 2020 v.381 pp. 120884
- cation-exchange membranes, etc ; Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; adsorption; carbon nanoparticles; chitosan; coatings; copper; electrodialysis; energy-dispersive X-ray analysis; glutaraldehyde; heavy metals; hydrophilicity; lead; mechanical properties; membrane potential; metal ions; nickel; poly(vinyl chloride); scanning electron microscopy; sodium; ultrasonics; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... A novel layer-by-layer (LbL) cation exchange membrane was prepared for heavy metal ions removal from water via electrodialysis. LBL membranes fabricated by coating of [chitosan-co-activated carbon nanoparticles] layer on polyvinyl chloride-based heterogeneous cation exchange membrane. Betterment in adherence of layers was achieved through glutaraldehyde cross linking. FTIR, FESEM, 3D-surface image ...