Jump to Main Content
- Fernández-Ahumada, L.M.; Ramírez-Faz, J.; López-Luque, R.; Varo-Martínez, M.; Moreno-García, I.M.; Casares de la Torre, F.
- Renewable energy 2020 v.145 pp. 1214-1221
- altitude, etc ; collectors; energy; light intensity; shade; Show all 5 Subjects
- ... Solar tracking is a technique required to increase energy production in multiple photovoltaic (PV) facilities. In these plants, during low-elevation solar angle hours, shadows appear between the collectors causing a dramatic decrease in production. This paper presents a novel optimal tracking strategy to prevent the creation of these shadows. The presented method determines whether or not there is ...
- Telesca, Luciano; Guignard, Fabian; Laib, Mohamed; Kanevski, Mikhail
- Renewable energy 2020 v.145 pp. 1091-1103
- altitude, etc ; models; probability distribution; renewable energy sources; wind speed; Switzerland; Show all 6 Subjects
- ... In this study, the 10-min average wind speed series recorded at 132 stations distributed rather homogeneously over the territory of Switzerland were investigated, focusing on the challenging problem of the analysis and modelling of wind extreme events. Wind extremes are defined as a sequence of consecutive values above a percentile-based threshold of wind speed distribution. Considering temporal p ...