Jump to Main Content
- Iranmanesh, Masoud; Samimi Akhijahani, Hadi; Barghi Jahromi, Mohammad Saleh
- Renewable energy 2020 v.145 pp. 1192-1213
- apples, etc ; adverse effects; air flow; dried fruit; drying; heat; models; renewable energy sources; solar collectors; thermal analysis; thermal energy; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... This paper investigates the performance of a solar cabinet drying system equipped with a heat pipe evacuated tube solar collector (ETSC) and thermal storage system with application of PCM. The thermal analysis of the solar collector, drying efficiency, CFD modeling of the system and quality evaluation of dried apple slices was considered. The performance of the dryer was simulated and validated by ...
- Buerman, Elizabeth C.; Worobo, Randy W.; Padilla-Zakour, Olga I.
- Food control 2020 v.107 pp. 106779
- apple juice, etc ; Aspergillus niger; Candida parapsilosis; Paecilomyces variotii; Penicillium; Rhodotorula rubra; Torulaspora delbrueckii; ambient temperature; bottles; cell death; fungi; high pressure treatment; pH; packaging; polyethylene terephthalates; protein degradation; refrigeration; risk reduction; shelf life; spoilage fungi; water activity; Show all 21 Subjects
- ... High Pressure Processing (HPP) is a method used to extend shelf life of foods by subjecting products in their final packaging to extreme pressure. This leads to protein degradation in microbial cells, membrane degradation, and eventual cell death. Survival of spoilage organisms, especially spore-formers, has not been closely considered in regard to the effect of water activity (aw). The purpose of ...