Jump to Main Content
- Jabado, Rima W., et al. Show all 3 Authors
- Ambio 2020 v.49 no.2 pp. 616-627
- consumer demand; domestic markets; economic impact; fins; fisheries; international trade; issues and policy; juveniles; meat; sharks; surveys; India
- ... This study evaluates local-scale drivers of shark harvests in India, one of the world’s largest shark fishing nations. Focusing on key harbours in the states of Gujarat and Maharashtra, which together contribute 54% of India’s shark harvest, this study uses a semi-structured survey to examine the practices of shark fishers and traders, their knowledge of shark trade and policy, and perceptions of ...
- PubMed Central:
- Jabado, Rima W., et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Aquatic conservation 2020 v.30 no.1 pp. 104-122
- Mobula; bycatch; gillnets; latitude; morphometry; redescriptions; uncertainty; Indian Ocean; New South Wales; Pacific Ocean
- ... The longhorned pygmy devil ray Mobula eregoodoo (Cantor, 1849), formerly known as Mobula eregoodootenkee (Bleeker, 1859), is a small mobulid with a disc reaching a maximum width of 1.3 m, widely ranging in tropical and subtropical latitudes across the Indian Ocean, the Indo‐Pacific region, and the western Pacific Ocean. A recently emerged opportunity to examine several (n = 47) M. eregoodoo specim ...