Jump to Main Content
- Scortichini, Serena, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2020 v.154 pp. 112688
- Cannabis sativa; alpha-pinene; beta-pinene; bioactive compounds; cannabidiol; crop production; essential oils; gas chromatography-mass spectrometry; hemp; hydrodistillation; industrial applications; inflorescences; irradiation; limonene; microwave radiation; microwave treatment; myrcene; oils; terpinolene
- ... The increase of cultivation of industrial hemp (Cannabis sativa L.) all over the world offers new opportunities for the industry to manufacture innovative products from this multipurpose crop. In this regard, the hemp essential oil represents a niche product with potential interest for the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, cosmeceutical and agrochemical companies. On this basis, in the present work w ...
- Scortichini, Serena, et al. Show all 4 Authors
- Journal of chromatography 2020 v.1143 pp. 121972
- acetic acid; acidification; chemical species; derivatization; ethyl ether; feces; fermentation; flame ionization; hexanoic acid; humans; intestinal microorganisms; metabolites; mice; polyethylene glycol; propionic acid; quantitative analysis; rats
- ... Short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) are gut microbiota metabolites recognized for their beneficial effects on the host organism. In this study, a simple and rapid sample preparation method combined to SCFAs analysis by direct injection and gas chromatography coupled with flame ionization detection (GC-FID), for the determination and quantification of eight SCFAs (acetic, propionic, i-butyric, butyric, ...