Jump to Main Content
- Serrão, Ester A., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Marine environmental research 2020 v.154 pp. 104827
- benthic organisms; biodiversity; coasts; environmental factors; epiphytes; habitats; nitrates; temperate zones; temperature; tropics
- ... Environmental conditions shape the occurrence and abundance of habitat-building organisms at global scales. Rhodolith beds structure important hard substrate habitats for a large number of marine benthic organisms. These organisms can benefit local biodiversity levels, but also compete with rhodoliths for essential resources. Therefore, understanding the factors shaping the distribution of rhodoli ...
- Serrão, Ester A., et al. Show all 9 Authors
- The Science of the total environment 2020 v.700 pp. 134692
- Grateloupia turuturu; biocenosis; biodiversity; climate change; ecological function; ecophysiology; geographical distribution; invasive species; macroalgae; models; niches; photosynthesis; prediction; risk; ships; temperate zones; temperature; traffic; South America
- ... Marine bioinvasions are increasing worldwide by a number of factors related to the anthroposphere, such as higher ship traffic, climate change and biotic communities’ alterations. Generating information about species with high invasive potential is necessary to inform management decisions aiming to prevent their arrival and spread. Grateloupia turuturu, one of the most harmful invasive macroalgae, ...