Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Chun-Xue, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental research 2020 v.186 pp. 109503
- Acidobacteria; Caloramator; acidification; activated sludge; chemical oxygen demand; fermentation; heat tolerance; hydrolysis; microbial communities; proteins; proteolysis; short chain fatty acids; thermophilic bacteria
- ... Adding alkaline into an anaerobic waste activated sludge (WAS) fermentation with thermophilic bacteria pretreatment could efficiently improve short-chain fatty acids (SCFAs) accumulation to 3550 ± 120 mg COD/L. The acidification rate in combined test was 21.2%, while that was 15.6% and 10.7% in sole thermophilic bacteria pretreatment and control tests respectively. Four distinct groups of microbes ...
- Yang, Chun-Xue, et al. Show all 9 Authors
- Lebensmittel-Wissenschaft + [i.e. und] Technologie 2020 v.118 pp. 108806
- Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli; adenosine triphosphate; antibacterial properties; benzyl isothiocyanate; dose response; enterotoxigenic Escherichia coli; gene expression regulation; genes; minimum inhibitory concentration; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; reverse transcriptase polymerase chain reaction; scanning electron microscopy; toxigenic strains; virulence
- ... The aim of this study was to investigate the inhibitory effects of benzyl isothiocyanate (BITC) and phenethyl isothiocyanate (PEITC) against Shiga toxin-producing Escherichia coli (STEC) and enterotoxigenic E. coli (ETEC). Compared with that of PEITC, the antibacterial effect of BITC was more obvious. The minimal inhibitory concentration (MIC) of BITC was 60 and 160 μmol/L for STEC and ETEC, while ...