Jump to Main Content
- Zhang, Zepeng, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Industrial crops and products 2020 v.153 pp. 112615
- bioethanol; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzymatic hydrolysis; ethanol fermentation; hydrolysis; liquids; oxygen; polyethylene glycol; raw materials; saccharification
- ... This study aimed to gain high bioethanol yield and concentration using reed as a raw material at a low enzyme loading to reduce its production cost. Reed was pretreated with liquid hot water–alkaline/oxygen (LHW–NaOH/O₂), and then hydrolyzed at a cellulase loading of 3 fiter paper units/g–substrate with polyethylene glycol (PEG) 6000 to promote fermentation. Approximately 40.2 g/L of bioethanol co ...
- Zhang, Zepeng, et al. Show all 7 Authors
- Bioresource technology 2020 v.308 pp. 123324
- digestibility; endo-1,4-beta-glucanase; enzymatic hydrolysis; glucans; lignin; models; oxygen; polyethylene glycol; response surface methodology; surfactants; xylan
- ... This study aimed to provide a low cost feasible pretreatment and enzymatic hydrolysis (EH) method for the effective dissolution of xylan and the high glucan digestibility of reed with a low enzyme loading. The combination of polyethylene glycol (PEG) 3000-enhanced EH and hydrothermal-alkaline/oxygen pretreatment was studied. Process conditions were optimized through response surface methodology. T ...