Jump to Main Content
- Ramm, Patrice; Abendroth, Christian; Latorre-Pérez, Adriel; Herrmann, Christiane; Sebök, Stefan; Geißler, Anne; Vilanova, Cristina; Porcar, Manuel; Dornack, Christina; Bürger, Christoph; Schwarz, Hannah; Luschnig, Olaf
- Renewable energy 2020 v.146 pp. 1021-1030
- acidification, etc ; Archaea; Bacteroidales; Isoptera; ammonia; anaerobic digestion; biogas; magnesium ammonium phosphate; methane production; methanogens; nitrogen; poultry manure; quantitative polymerase chain reaction; total nitrogen; trace elements; volatile fatty acids; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... This work demonstrates the suitability of nitrogen removal during anaerobic acidification in batch configuration for a more efficient pre-treatment of chicken manure prior to anaerobic digestion. High loading rates corresponding to a total nitrogen input between 6.3 and 9.5 g L−1 allowed successful suppression of methanogenic archaea. To eliminate nitrogen, NH3-stripping and MAP (magnesium ammoniu ...
- Zhang, Fangzhai; Peng, Yongzhen; Li, Baikun; Wang, Zhong; Jiang, Hao; Zhang, Qiong
- Journal of hazardous materials 2020 v.381 pp. 120835
- acidification, etc ; activated sludge; carbohydrates; chemical oxygen demand; denitrification; fermentation; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; hydrolysis; methane production; microbial biomass; mortality; nitrogen; nitrous acid; polymers; solubilization; tryptophan; tyrosine; volatile fatty acids; Show all 18 Subjects
- ... Free nitrous acid (FNA) has only been studied as the pretreatment of waste activated sludge (WAS). Integrated fermentation and nitrogen removal using FNA as a primary means of treatment are seldom investigated. WAS fermentation was characterized under various FNA concentration. The production of COD, protein, and carbohydrate increased with FNA concentration (in the range of 0.197–1.97 mg/L) befor ...