Jump to Main Content
- Wang, Fei; Shen, Zhengtao; Liu, Rongqin; Zhang, Yunhui; Xu, Jian; Al-Tabbaa, Abir
- Chemosphere 2020 v.239
- calcium silicate, etc ; United States Environmental Protection Agency; X-ray diffraction; adsorption; compression strength; furnaces; gels; hydrotalcite; lead; polluted soils; scanning electron microscopy; slags; soil remediation; solidification; temperature; zinc; Show all 16 Subjects
- ... Stabilization/Solidification (S/S) has been widely used in soil remediation to both improve physical properties and immobilize extensive contaminants. GGBS (granulated ground blast furnace slag)-MgO-CaO (GMCs) was used to treat Pb/Zn contaminated soil. The physical and microstructural characteristics of stabilized/solidified contaminated soil were investigated in this study. Microstructural analys ...
- Deus, Angélica Cristina Fernandes; Büll, Leonardo Theodoro; Guppy, Christopher N.; Santos, Susiane de Moura Cardoso; Moreira, Laís Lorena Queiroz
- Soil & tillage research 2020 v.196 pp. 104422
- calcium silicate, etc ; acid soils; base saturation; calcium oxide; crop yield; dolomitic limestone; ferrous oxide; limes; magnesium oxide; manganese monoxide; neutralization; no-tillage; nutrient uptake; phosphorus; silica; silicon; slags; soil fertility; soil pH; solubility; soybeans; stainless steel; Brazil; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... Steel slags can be used in agriculture, as they are composed of CaO, MgO, SiO2, and compounds such as P2O5, FeO, and MnO. The solubility of slag may be higher than that of lime, which can make this residue an excellent source for soil acidity correction in no-till systems. However, there are few studies reporting their benefits when applied to the soil surface. This study evaluated slag amendment ...