Jump to Main Content
- Suzuki, Mototaka; Larkum, Matthew E.
- Cell 2020 v.180 no.4 pp. 666-676.e13
- cholinergic receptors, etc ; anesthesia; anesthetics; consciousness; dendrites; glutamic acid; mice; optogenetics; thalamus; Show all 9 Subjects
- ... The mystery of general anesthesia is that it specifically suppresses consciousness by disrupting feedback signaling in the brain, even when feedforward signaling and basic neuronal function are left relatively unchanged. The mechanism for such selectiveness is unknown. Here we show that three different anesthetics have the same disruptive influence on signaling along apical dendrites in cortical l ...
- Tsai, Kate L.; Vernau, Karen M.; Winger, Kathryn; Zwueste, Danielle M.; Sturges, Beverly K.; Knipe, Marguerite; Williams, D. Colette; Anderson, Kendall J.; Evans, Jacquelyn M.; Guo, Ling T.; Clark, Leigh Anne; Shelton, G. Diane
- Journal of veterinary internal medicine 2020 v.34 no.1 pp. 258-265
- cholinergic receptors, etc ; Golden Retriever; Labrador Retriever; acetylcholine; acetylcholinesterase; amino acid substitution; blood; databases; dog diseases; exons; genetic disorders; histology; homozygosity; muscle contraction; muscles; neuromuscular disorders; point mutation; polymerase chain reaction; puppies; skeletal muscle; synapse; weaning; California; Show all 23 Subjects
- ... BACKGROUND: Congenital myasthenic syndromes (CMSs) are a group of inherited disorders of neuromuscular transmission that may be presynaptic, synaptic, or postsynaptic. Causative mutations have been identified in 4 breeds including the Labrador Retriever, Jack Russell Terrier, Heideterrier, and Danish Pointing Dog. HYPOTHESIS/OBJECTIVE: Clinical and genetic characterization of a neuromuscular disor ...
- PubMed Central: