Jump to Main Content
- Nakakura, Mitsuho; Matsubara, Koji; Bellan, Selvan; Kodama, Tatsuya
- Renewable energy 2020 v.146 pp. 1143-1152
- convection, etc ; air; irradiation; mass transfer; mathematical models; renewable energy sources; solar collectors; temperature; Show all 8 Subjects
- ... This paper describes and presents the direct numerical simulation of a volumetric solar receiver under concentrated irradiation. The simulations systematically analyze the receiver performance and thermal loss mechanisms for operating conditions when outlet temperatures are in the 1000–1500 °C range. The implemented numerical method fully considers interactions between radiation, convection, and c ...
- Li, Zhao; Li, Baorang; Du, Xiaoze; Wu, Hongwei
- Renewable energy 2020 v.146 pp. 816-827
- convection, etc ; heat treatment; nanocomposites; nanofluids; nanoparticles; renewable energy sources; silica; specific heat; temperature; thermal diffusivity; thermal stability; Show all 11 Subjects
- ... It is recognized that the thermal performances of the molten salt based nanocomposite can be significantly enhanced. However, there were rare investigations regarding its stability under practical operating thermal environments. In this study, both of the specific heat capacity and thermal diffusivity of the molten salt based nanocomposite were experimentally evaluated under various operating cond ...