Jump to Main Content
- Yang, Changtao; Nan, Jing; Yu, Huaiyong; Li, Jianhua
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2020 v.87 pp. 260-271
- constructed wetlands, etc ; absorption; algae; autumn; biomass; chlorophyll; drinking water; ecosystems; eutrophication; lakes; macrophytes; nitrogen retention; nutrient retention; particulates; phosphorus; phytoplankton; surface water; total phosphorus; China; Show all 19 Subjects
- ... An embedded reservoir that provides an efficient nutrient removal system protects drinking water. However, embedded reservoirs are rarely used in eutrophic shallow lakes because of their undetermined nutrient retention efficiency and unknown effects by the phytoplankton community. In this study, we aim to investigate the nutrient retention and algae succession in an embedded reservoir and adjacent ...
- Liu, Yali; Du, Jianqing; Hu, Panpan; Ma, Mingzhu; Hu, Dan
- Journal of environmental sciences (China) 2020 v.87 pp. 71-81
- wetlands, etc ; dissolved oxygen; dry season; eutrophication; leaching; microhabitats; microrelief; nitrates; rain; riparian areas; risk; soil sampling; surface water; water quality; wet season; Show all 15 Subjects
- ... Microtopography affects hydrological processes and forms different microhabitats. Our previous study uncovered that riparian zone microtopography created various microhabitats with different soil environments and runoff-infiltration patterns. However, how riparian microtopography and microtopography within the water area (waterfall and tributary) affects downstream water quality remains unclear. T ...