Jump to Main Content
- Khater, Maya; Khater, Sagar S., et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of microbiological methods 2020 v.173 pp. 105920
- Escherichia coli; Staphylococcus aureus; antimicrobial properties; bacteria; comparative study; cyanides; fluorescence emission spectroscopy; fluorescence microscopy; fluorescent dyes; iodides; membrane potential; nanoparticles; viability; zinc oxide
- ... Many methods are developed to assess antimicrobial action of ZnO nanoparticles (NPs). A large number of methods associated with the use of fluorescent probes are developed, including Spectrofluorometry, fluorescence microscopy, and cytometry. In this study, flowcytometry, Spectrofluorometry and fluorescent microscopy was used to measure membrane potential variation of E. coli and S. aureus cells t ...
- Khater, Hesham M., et al. Show all 10 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2020 v.252 pp. 119875
- X-ray diffraction; ambient temperature; carbon dioxide; carbon sequestration; cement; compression strength; global warming potential; magnesium hydroxide; magnesium oxide; mechanical properties; minerals; thermogravimetry; volcanic ash
- ... The key point of this study is the fabrication of magnesia-based cement with promising mechanical properties and high efficiency of CO₂-capture. The naturally occurring volcanic ashes (white & red ashes) and reactive magnesium oxide are the main materials used in the synthesis of eco-friendly CO₂-capture materials. Volcanic ashes were individually mixed with reactive magnesium oxide at ash to magn ...