Jump to Main Content
- Shi, Xiao-Shuang, et al. Show all 5 Authors
- Journal of cleaner production 2019 v.217 pp. 344-351
- Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy; adsorption; ammonia; ammonium; biodegradation; carbon dioxide; compost maturity; composting; corn straw; dairy manure; germination; mixing; moieties; porosity; porous media
- ... Porous materials have been widely used as the bulking agent during the composting of organic waste. In this study, ceramsite, a cheap and recyclable material with good porosity, was firstly utilized during continuous thermophilic composting (CTC) of dairy manure. Five treatments were designed using the same mixture of dairy manure and corn straw with different dosage of ceramsite blending (0%, 5%, ...
- Shi, Xiao-Shuang, et al. Show all 8 Authors
- Environmental pollution 2019 v.247 pp. 1064-1070
- anaerobic conditions; arginine; biodegradation; biotransformation; ecosystems; eutrophication; human health; lakes; microbial communities; microcystin-LR; sediments
- ... Microcystin (MC) elimination is a global challenge that is necessary for the health of humans and ecosystems. Biodegradation of MC, one of the most environmental-friendly methods, had previously been focused on the aerobic condition. In this study, two enrichment cultures from Taihu sediments possessed high capacity for MC-leucine arginine (MC-LR) anaerobic biodegradation. Meanwhile, it was firstl ...